Facebook Messenger (commonly known as Messenger is a messaging app. Initially developed as Facebook Chat in 2008, the company reinvented its messaging service in 2010, and gradually released standalone iOS and Android apps in August 2011. Over the years, Facebook has released new apps on a plethora of different operating systems, launched a specific website interface, and separated the messaging facility from the main Facebook app, forcing users to use the web interface or download one of the standalone apps.
Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files, as well as react to other users’ messages and interact with bots. The service also supports voice and video calling. The standalone apps support using multiple accounts, conversations with optional end-to-end encryption, and playing games.
Messenger APK for Android
About: Messenger is a messaging app developed by Facebook. Using this application, users can connect with their friends all over the world using crazy stickers, emojis, video calls, voice calls, and through random texts.
21 March 2019
Varies with device
Varies with device
Varies with device
Rated for 3+
Users interact, Shares location, Digital purchases
₹ 65.00 – ₹ 26,000.00 per item
Disclaimer: All the apps provided are gathered from their respective sources. Apkuncle.com does not hold responsibility for your usage of the app. Please use the app according to the rules in your Country.
1. Send Files: Sending files is probably one of the easiest things you can do on Messenger. You can send photos, as well as files of many different file formats. Sending a file is similar to sending one via email. You can drag the file into the Messenger window (if you are on a PC or laptop). Or on a smartphone or tablet, go to the file and tap the share function.
2. Make Funny Photos: Messenger has lots of photo filters which are a lot of fun. Some are movie-based, so you can make yourself a Jedi from Star Wars, or a wizard, a devil, and much more. To make your photo, open up a conversation with someone and tap the photo icon at the bottom. Or go to the main contact list screen and tap the camera icon in the middle. You will now see yourself on the screen as well as small circles below which are different photo filters. Choose one to see it laid on top of your face. Swiping to another one will automatically replace the older filter with the new one. When you are happy with your picture, you can send it to your contact. I made one, sporting my “Blues Brothers” look.
3. Record a Voice Message or Video Message: Sometimes, instead of sending a message filled with text, wouldn’t a voice message or video message would be nicer and more personal? To send a voice message, open up a message window with your contact and keep your finger pressed down on the microphone button at the bottom of the screen. To cancel the message, swipe your finger up. To send the message when you’re finished, remove your finger from the screen. Video messages can be no longer than fifteen seconds. To send one, tap the camera icon and hold your finger down. This starts the video recording. When it’s done and ready to go, release your finger from the screen.
How to download and install Messenger APK on Android?
Here are a few steps you can follow to install the Messenger APK application on Android.
- Firstly, download the APK file of Messenger from the download link highlighted above.
- Now, go to your device’s downloads menu and then open the downloaded APK file
- Before you open and get to install the APK file, make sure that your device is accepting app installs from unknown sources.
- To enable this option, you can go to Settings>>App settings>>Unknown sources.
- Now, install the application and open the Messenger application.
- You can log in if you already have a Messenger account, or you can simply sign up.
How to install on PC?
The download and installation process is the same as your Android device. The only thing which should be done to access Messenger on your PC is to have an Android emulator pre-installed.
Bluestacks is the best free and top Android emulator for PC. You can install this emulator and can get access to all the Android APK applications on your PC.
Q.1 How can I deactivate a Messenger account after deactivating my Facebook?
- Go to the messenger app
- Click on click on your profile option
- Now click on privacy and terms action
- Now click on deactivate your messenger account
- Enter your Facebook password, and click on the deactivate option
Q.2 Can I have 2 Messenger accounts?
You can have only ONE Messenger account per Facebook. But in the application, you can have several Messenger accounts. If they have two messenger accounts, they must have two Facebook accounts too.